- An RFC 2289-compliant one-time password generator. Compatible with OPIE. See the FreeBSD handbook for more information about one-time passwords.
Interface shamelessly based on pilOTP. PalmOTP contains a number of improvements over pilOTP:
- Support for 5-way navigation.
- Better keyboard support. Use the Enter key to supply input.
- Provides the ability to increment or decrement the sequence number.
- Hides the secret passphrase more reliably.
- Provides the ability to copy generated passwords to the clipboard.
- Uses the MDLib and SHALib shared libraries for hashing, allowing users to install only the hashing code that they need.
- Provides the ability to generate website-specific passwords that are compatible with the Password Composer Firefox extension.
- Install PalmOTP.prc, mdlib.prc, and SHALib.prc to the Palm OS device. Note that mdlib.prc is needed only if you require MD4 or MD5 hashes (including if you use the password composing mode), and SHALib.prc is needed only if you require SHA1 hashes.
- Fixed some warnings when running in the Treo 650 simulator.
- Minor adjustments to the About dialog.
- Now preserves the shift/option/num-lock state when entering text without an explicitly focused field.
- Fixed compatibility with the Firefox Password Composer extension by making the Compose mode use lowercase hexadecimal characters. Duh.
- Fixed SHA1 OTP generation, which was totally broken.
- On Treo devices, Option+Up and Option+Down now increment and decrement the sequence number respectively.
- Pressing the Alt key on Treo devices now shows an unmasked list of the alternate characters.
- Pressing the Clear button twice now works properly when used with auto-decrementing sequence numbers.
- Incrementing or decrementing the sequence number now automatically recomputes the one-time password. Note that this behavior is disabled if automatic decrementing is enabled.
- Added a preference to decrement the sequence number automatically after generating passwords.
- Allow the 5-way navigator to select and scroll the credits in the About dialog.
- Fixed a resource leak if the application failed to start.
- Now shows an error message if the seed is too short or too long instead of silently failing.