- A software engineer at VMware for almost 14 years.
Spent three years at Sony writing Palm OS software for its CLIÉ line of PDAs.
- Wrote software compatibility libraries.
- Wrote sample code.
- Reviewed and wrote developer documentation and white papers.
- Gave technical presentations at Palm OS developer conferences.
- Answered software development questions from third-party developers and assisted them at debugging their applications.
- Wrote the popular SilkLauncher virtual silkscreen plug-in.
Received an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering/computer science from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Spent a semester as an undergraduate student instructor for its fundamental computer science course (Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs). Spent two semesters grading course homework and projects.
- An occasional contributor to the open-source AviSynth non-linear video editor.
- An active member in Ars Technica’s Programmer’s Symposium forum.
I sometimes answer questions on StackOverflow.
« back to James’s Software
Copyright © 2009–2018 James D. Lin